LAKELAND, Fla.–(SERVICE WIRE)–
Sep 17, 2020– GEICO adjusters remain in location to rapidly help clients whose automobiles were impacted by Typhoon Sally. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, no-touch procedures remain in place for everyone’s comfort and security throughout the inspection. Clients with drivable vehicles that have actually sustained damage from flying objects or small water damage will be directed to the closest estimating place. Non-drivable automobiles will be taken to an evaluation lot.
Some things to bear in mind as you evaluate your damages:
- If water has gotten in the engine compartment, do not begin your car.
- If you are uncertain, note that a water line of particles will typically indicate the amount of water that has actually gotten in the area.
- If water has actually permeated the interior of the cars and truck, open windows and doors, if possible, to lower mildew and the chances of odor from stagnant water.
For those with drivable lorries, remember that in flooded conditions:
- Observe road closure notifications— If you see road closure signs, safety officials have actually clearly kept in mind an extreme danger ahead.
- Prevent driving through high water– If you don’t see the painted lines, do not drive through. Six inches of moving water can knock you down, and a foot can sweep your lorry away, according to Ready.gov.
- Reduce your speed– Slowing down reduces the chances of hydroplaning. If you hydroplane, instantly take your foot off the accelerator and do not use the brakes suddenly or turn the guiding wheel. A turning tire has traction, while a moving one does not.
- Switch on your headlights– Just switching on your headlights makes you more noticeable to others.
- Maintain a safe range– Increasing the range in between you and the lorry ahead decreases the opportunity of a crash.
Please be safe in your journeys. If you require to report a claim you can utilize GEICO Mobile, call(800)841-3000 or log in at GEICO.com. About GEICO GEICO(Civil Servant Insurance Company), the second-largest auto insurance provider in the U.S., was founded in 1936 and insures more than 28 million cars. For more than 80 years, the company has worked to makeindividuals
‘s lives much better by securing policyholders versus unanticipated occasions. As GEICO has grown, it has actually delivered money-saving coverage and outstanding client service to insurance policy holders through its investment in human&resources&and technology. GEICO belongs to the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. GEICO likewise supplies homeowners, occupants, condominium, flood, identity theft and term life coverages through non-affiliated insurer protected through the GEICO Insurance Coverage Company, Inc. Industrial vehicle and individual umbrella protections are likewise offered. To make changes, report claims, print insurance coverage cards and/or purchase extra products, policyholders can access their insurance coverage here; link via GEICO Mobile or by phone. Sales and service&is likewise readily available at GEICO Local Offices. Go to www.geico.com for a quote or to learn more. View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200917005951/en/ CONTACT: GEICO Communications firstname.lastname@example.org!.?.! To see GEICO’s Blog site: https://www.geico.com/more/&KEYWORD: ALABAMA MISSISSIPPI FLORIDA UNITED STATES The United States And Canada MARKET KEYWORD: MEN EXPERT SERVICES FAMILY CUSTOMER OTHER TRAVEL GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORT AUTOMOTIVE TRAVEL WOMEN INSURANCE SENIORS SOURCE: GEICO Copyright Company Wire 2020. PUB: 09/17/2020 03:50 PM/DISC: 09/17/2020 03:50 PM http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200917005951/en